Rock, Paper, Scissor By Alice Feeney

 





Rock, Paper, Scissor  

By Alice Feeny 

I listened to 'Rock Paper Scissors' by Alice Feeney on Audible, and the audiobook was my first experience with one of her novels. I knew very little about her other than that she was known for writing clever twists, and I believe that was the ideal way to experience it

 

The remote Scottish setting immediately creates a wonderfully spooky atmosphere. The entire narrative feels chilly, cramped, and unsettling because of the remote chapel, the constant snowfall, and the feeling of being totally cut off from the outside world.

 

As an audiobook, it was especially effective. The narration heightened the suspense and made it simple to lose yourself in the characters, their interactions, and everything they were keeping to themselves. Even when I couldn't identify it, there was always a feeling that something wasn't quite right.


For a large portion of the book, I tried to piece everything together and figure out where it was going. Every time I thought I might have figured out one of the twists, my theory would be thrown in the bin by some new detail. I felt like I had real whiplash when the first big twist was revealed. I made a sincere effort to find a solution, but I was unable to do so until the shocking truth came to light.


The narrative deftly manipulates mistrust, secrets, and the various ways people recall the past. Without losing that wonderfully tense and atmospheric feeling, it kept me challenging the characters and reevaluating what I believed to be true.

This was a great first book by Alice Feeney. It was witty, compulsive, and truly surprised me,something that thrillers don't always do. Without a doubt, I will read more of her novels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Audio Book) Dungeon Crawler Carl by Matt Dinniman

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson