Why I Have Started Writing Again
Along with finding my love for reading again, I’ve also returned to creative writing.
It’s something I let go of years back—life got hectic, work and studies took priority, and writing gradually became something I just used to do, set aside for "someday". I don’t expect to publish anything, and honestly, that’s not my goal. I’ve started writing again simply because it helps me process things.
Like everyone, I’ve faced my share of challenges, worries, and difficult experiences. We all have our own struggles, and daily life can be challenging enough. But working in emergency services adds another layer. There are things you witness and situations you face that aren’t always simple to handle afterwards.
Writing creatively lets me take some of those experiences and feelings and set them down somewhere else for a while.
Sometimes, I discover myself giving real emotions or tough situations to my characters. It allows me to step back and see these issues from a different perspective, creating distance and making it easier to reflect on fear, grief, horror, and helplessness without having to relive them directly.
That doesn’t mean my stories are autobiographical or that every character is a stand-in for me. More often, writing just gives shape to thoughts and feelings that would otherwise stay tangled up in my mind.
There’s something powerful about transforming chaos into a scene, fear into a monster, grief into a journey, or anger into a character with a decision to make. It adds clarity, making experiences something I can examine, question, challenge, and sometimes even understand.
For me, writing is a way to regain a bit of control—not by ignoring the hard things, but by working through them in a new form.
Maybe my writing will never leave a notebook or a half-finished file, and maybe it will always be just for me. But even so, it matters.
Because sometimes stories aren’t just about escape.
Sometimes, they’re about finding a safe way home.

Comments
Post a Comment